• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Distance Relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nubmer

I hope this is a suitable location for this, I really couldn't find anything I thought matched this question.

If the parents of a 14 or 15 year old found a large amount of calls to and from a 19 year old many states away. Is there anything illegal about that? Would the parents have legal authority to investigate further? If there was indeed a long distance relationship, would there be anything illegal about that? And again, would the parents have legal authority to investigate further?

Edit: Just some additional details.

I say long distance relationship, but I should really clarify that as a very close friendship. I'm friends with one of them and they both suffer from clinical depression and the 19 year old is almost like a counselor friend to her.. although, it has come to the point where they say they love each other and I'm sure it could easily be seen as them dating.

Last edited:

Rexlan

Parents do not require "legal authority" over their minor children. They have both the right and the responsibility to supervise and discipline them until they are of age and no longer live at home.

Nubmer

Right, but do they have the legal authority to investigate the 19 year old. And is there anything illegal about what they're doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">