• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malicious Lawsuit filed against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbump5

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
California
An old boyfriend has filed a malicious lawsuit against me. Every part of the lawsuit is a lie. Has to do with a racehorse we had in partnership. I have proof from California Horse Racing Board that lawsuit is lies. So far I have spend $1000. to pay lawyer and he thinks this will go to trial and cost $12,000 in attorney fees. What can I do?

S

seniorjudge

sbump5 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
California
An old boyfriend has filed a malicious lawsuit against me. Every part of the lawsuit is a lie. Has to do with a racehorse we had in partnership. I have proof from California Horse Racing Board that lawsuit is lies. So far I have spend $1000. to pay lawyer and he thinks this will go to trial and cost $12,000 in attorney fees. What can I do?
Facts?

Details?

Mare?

Gelding?

Stallion?

sbump5

Facts;
I am a Thoroughbred Racehorse Trainer. Horse in question was a colt we puplic auction for $4000. He paid with a check and I reimbursed him for 50%. I broke the colt, trained him, sold 33% to Earl a third partner. Bob was paid for his share of the sale in training bill credit. 3 owners were listed with the CHRB (California Horse Racing Board) from the first start.
After 4 starts the horse got a chip in his knee, was an official vet scratch at Hollywood Park, and I donated him to a Thoroughbred retirement farm. The old boyfriend wanted the horse but Earl and I agreed it would be better for the horse to be retired. He had no value at this point.
Bob June, the boyfriend had not paid me in several months and is known for not taking care of his animals. His level of horsemanship leaves much to be desired. His animals are lucky to get food and water and were often without water on hot days in Temecula.
He is suing me for $47,000 which he states is what the horse would have earned as a racehorse and stallion. We agreed to geld the colt shortly after he was broke. He did not have the pedigee to be a stallion. A $4000.00 yearling is a very cheap horse in California.
Bob June also states in the suit that the horse was never a partnership, always 100% his. I have proof with California Horse racing Board that the horse was a legal partnership and I allways billed him 33% for the training of this horse.
Bob June is a known con man with 25 alias names and 12 social security numbers. I know that he sold his house to a friend and last year sued the friend saying he had never sold him the house. Bob June lost that lawsuit but it cost the friend big money todefend himself.
How can someone like this continue to harrasse innocent people like myself? What can I do?

S

seniorjudge

sbump5 said:
Facts;
I am a Thoroughbred Racehorse Trainer. Horse in question was a colt we puplic auction for $4000. He paid with a check and I reimbursed him for 50%. I broke the colt, trained him, sold 33% to Earl a third partner. Bob was paid for his share of the sale in training bill credit. 3 owners were listed with the CHRB (California Horse Racing Board) from the first start.
After 4 starts the horse got a chip in his knee, was an official vet scratch at Hollywood Park, and I donated him to a Thoroughbred retirement farm. The old boyfriend wanted the horse but Earl and I agreed it would be better for the horse to be retired. He had no value at this point.
Bob June, the boyfriend had not paid me in several months and is known for not taking care of his animals. His level of horsemanship leaves much to be desired. His animals are lucky to get food and water and were often without water on hot days in Temecula.
He is suing me for $47,000 which he states is what the horse would have earned as a racehorse and stallion. We agreed to geld the colt shortly after he was broke. He did not have the pedigee to be a stallion. A $4000.00 yearling is a very cheap horse in California.
Bob June also states in the suit that the horse was never a partnership, always 100% his. I have proof with California Horse racing Board that the horse was a legal partnership and I allways billed him 33% for the training of this horse.
Bob June is a known con man with 25 alias names and 12 social security numbers. I know that he sold his house to a friend and last year sued the friend saying he had never sold him the house. Bob June lost that lawsuit but it cost the friend big money todefend himself.
How can someone like this continue to harrasse innocent people like myself? What can I do?

You need a lawyer.

rmet4nzkx

You can also file for contempt for filing a frivilious lawsuit you can look that up in California codes there is also something for filing frivilious lawsuits. Also codes in the penal code for failing to care for animals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">