• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Man has a website with my personal info. No opt out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

epiphany00

He has my full name, DOB, mother's maiden name and birth location on his website. I've contacted him and he ignores my request.

His website has everyone's birth info that was born in California from 1905 - 1995. Other websites with such listings provide an option to delist yourself. But not his.

I don't want to be on his website. Is there anything I can do? I have his full name, phone number and address.

quincy

He has my full name, DOB, mother's maiden name and birth location on his website. I've contacted him and he ignores my request.

His website has everyone's birth info that was born in California from 1905 - 1995. Other websites with such listings provide an option to delist yourself. But not his.

I don't want to be on his website. Is there anything I can do? I have his full name, phone number and address.
What sort of website is this, why are you listed, and where are you located?

quincy

Search for: californiabirthindex

I live in CA.
What is your reason for not wanting to be listed on the California's birth index site? Privacy reasons, I assume?

The records are public records but, like many public records, many object to the ease with which people can access the information online. Many fear identity theft.

I am not aware of any legal actions taken against the site but perhaps someone in California knows of something that might assist you. Generally you must appeal to the better nature of the person operating the website to remove what you find objectionable.

epiphany00

What is your reason for not wanting to be listed on the California's birth index site? Privacy reasons, I assume?

The records are public records but, like many public records, many object to the ease with which people can access the information online. Many fear identity theft.

I am not aware of any legal actions taken against the site but perhaps someone in California knows of something that might assist you. Generally you must appeal to the better nature of the person operating the website to remove what you find objectionable.

Yes, for privacy reasons. I have reached out to the owner and unfortunately he refuses to respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">