• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Me Against Them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

towntalk

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alabama

What are the legal ramifications, if any, for a community that aides in the escape of a person who has commited a crime?

If there are such laws or charges that could be levied against the community, when did they come into effect?

What if the crime was commited before the law came into effect? Would there still be any legal ramifications? The crime took place in the early 1900's.

Do state laws differ on this issue? Are there any similar cases on the books that can be referred to or studied?

S

seniorjudge

towntalk said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Alabama

What are the legal ramifications, if any, for a community that aides in the escape of a person who has commited a crime?

If there are such laws or charges that could be levied against the community, when did they come into effect?

What if the crime was commited before the law came into effect? Would there still be any legal ramifications? The crime took place in the early 1900's.

Do state laws differ on this issue? Are there any similar cases on the books that can be referred to or studied?
Tell us what you are talking about.

towntalk

I'm talking about a situation where a community helps a person (who in the act of defending himself takes the life of another) escape or evade the law, which was, at that time, a hanging without a trial.

My question is:
Today, can the adult citizens of that community in any way be held responsible for aiding that person to escape and evade the law, even though that person is now deceased?

S

seniorjudge

Q: Today, can the adult citizens of that community in any way be held responsible for aiding that person to escape and evade the law, even though that person is now deceased?

A: Since you will not provide details and facts, I will have to say I do not know the answer to your question.

towntalk

Original Details:
State: Alabama
TimeFrame: Early 1900's

SCENARIO:
"Person A" (an adult) commits a crime:
In self defense he takes the life of another.

The community helps "Person A" to escape and/or evade the law.

MY QUESTION:
Can the adult citizens of the aforementioned community be held legally responsible for aiding "Person A" to escape and/or evade the law even though "Person A" is now deceased?

If additional details are required, please state what additional details you require.

Thank you!

ENASNI

umm

towntalk said:
Original Details:
State: Alabama
TimeFrame: Early 1900's

SCENARIO:
"Person A" (an adult) commits a crime:
In self defense he takes the life of another.

The community helps "Person A" to escape and/or evade the law.

MY QUESTION:
Can the adult citizens of the aforementioned community be held legally responsible for aiding "Person A" to escape and/or evade the law even though "Person A" is now deceased?

If additional details are required, please state what additional details you require.
Thank you!
How can we state what additional details we require if we don't have any additional details.

I am not a dentist... and I do not play one on Tee Vee.
What the heck do you want ?

And is it really important or are you just being hypothetical...because we don't do that here...

M

meganproser

Can the adult citizens of the aforementioned community be held legally responsible

Held responsible for WHAT?

Are you asking if they are still subject to criminal charges for helping him? As in, someone wants to write a book and talk about how they helped this guy, but they would rather not be arrested for admitting it?

or

Are you asking if someone who helped him escape might be liable for civil damages, for events involving the accused AFTER his escape?

S

seniorjudge

stephenk said:
not aware of any 90+ year statute of limitations, except for murder which has no statute of limitation.
I don't think OP is going to give us any facts or details....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">