• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willow89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

My ex boyfriend sent me to the hospital after he called the police for a wellness check. I was forced to go on a voluntary basis, or else I would be sent in handcuffs. The whole thing was a miscommunication, but I was still in the hospital overnight. My ex, who was the reason I was sent to the hospital, felt bad and offered to help pay for my large hospital bill. After giving me a check, he then said he'd give me more money to cover for the costs. This was a verbal agreement-- not written. Now, a few weeks later, he denies that he had agreed to give me more money for my bill. Would my case be able to stand up in a small claims court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">