• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mental Anguish

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maverick89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Could I have a case of potential Mental Anguish and pain and suffering?

I have been alienated from my family for many yrs. I tried to keep in contact with the family over the years for my grand-father who was sick. I have called - emailed but I was blocked from any contact with grand-dad and now I discovered he passed away 2 months ago and the family never made an attempt to call and let me know.

Over the years one particular family member who took care of my grand-father:

would be verbally abusive
would threaten me
it would take me few months to call back because of the cruelty of the words
I have developed a mental illness as a result of all the bulling this family member did and live in a constant fear of him.

do i have any grounds for recourse?

Maverick89

To start off I already had a mental illness - panic disorder which he antagonized me over the years verbally and with threats. The other mental illness i developed over the past two years is an eating disorder - anorexia . My doctors say because this of all the family issues and lack of control that this particular family member has had over me with fear/blocking me from seeing my grand-father.

My grand-father was dying from a terminal illness and this particular family member would not talk to me to him and tell me how he was and that in turn was driving me insane not knowing anything in turn i developed that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">