• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mental health lawsuit general information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodadvice18

New York is where the lawsuit may or may not filed

I was wondering If i could get some opinions about the potential case from people.

a friend of mine told me about a mental lawsuit that might be filed against an outpatient mental health housing program that is located in apartments in a community in new York state.

basically the individual claims to have been denied phone access, restrained without proper reason by staff from the program, and has also made allegations that he was forced to take off all his cloths numerous times by staff grabbing him and taking off all his cloths by restraining him. he also claims that staff at the program controlled when he got dressed by keeping his cloths for him and allowing him only to get dressed at certain times causing him to have to stay in his apartment.

what strikes me the most though is that the individuals lawyers went ahead and allowed their client to take a polygraph despite him being schizophrenic. the individual passed the polygraph when making the allegations and a psychiatrist evaluated him only to say that he was in reality and was competent showing no signs of symptoms prior to him taking the polygraph.
though how strong of a case does this person actually have. schizophrenia usually is a problem when taking a polygraph.

Silverplum

New York is where the lawsuit may or may not filed

I was wondering If i could get some opinions about the potential case from people.

a friend of mine told me about a mental lawsuit that might be filed against an outpatient mental health housing program that is located in apartments in a community in new York state.

basically the individual claims to have been denied phone access, restrained without proper reason by staff from the program, and has also made allegations that he was forced to take off all his cloths numerous times by staff grabbing him and taking off all his cloths by restraining him. he also claims that staff at the program controlled when he got dressed by keeping his cloths for him and allowing him only to get dressed at certain times causing him to have to stay in his apartment.

what strikes me the most though is that the individuals lawyers went ahead and allowed their client to take a polygraph despite him being schizophrenic. the individual passed the polygraph when making the allegations and a psychiatrist evaluated him only to say that he was in reality and was competent showing no signs of symptoms prior to him taking the polygraph.
though how strong of a case does this person actually have. schizophrenia usually is a problem when taking a polygraph.
We don't do hypotheticals, homework, or what-ifs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">