• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missed a first appearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenniekp

What is the name of your state? Colorado

hi i am not sure if i am posting in the right section- seems that my prob could fit in a # of places.
A year ago next month i missed a court date- i was staying out of state and tried to reschedual , they only way they would let me was to come in person or hire a lawyer- didnt have $$ for that.
anyhow i missed the first appearance for a traffic violation, i was driving my BF car- he didnt have insurance.
this will be my second no insurance ticket, i got one when i was 17, i am now 21.( but recieved the ticket when i was still 20)

i am in colorado and trying to settle this, i go back to AZ in a few weeks.

what is the penalties for second offense no insurance?
i am about to pay this fee- $30.00 warrant fee, but they say it can or can not clear the warrant? ( dont understand that one)

after i pay it i have to call the court and they will either reschedual my hearing or they will tell me turn my self in , bond out and then reschedual.
-someone told me that when i leave the state that AZ wont know about all this and i can just get a license there? is that true? doesnt seem right.
another person said, that traffic bench warrants, if they never " catch " you , will over a number of years, just go away? is that true? it will be a year next mo.

i know colorado has stick laws on trafic violations, could i be sent to jail, for this insurance thing?
i am leaving in a few weeks and i cant spend that time in jail!
please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">