• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missing/stolen vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mollymoo

What is the name of your state?mo
what i thought was a friend was borrowing my car for an hour but then never returned with my car.I turned it in to the police and the car turned up after about 2 weeks with over 3,000 dollars worth of damage done my insurance co. totaled my car.I have been told because I let him take my car that he can not be prosacuted. What should I do to make him pay for what he has done.

M

mollymoo

MO- The dective on the case that found my car said that since I had given the guy the keys he didn't think he could be prosecuted for theft.

stephenk

keep following up the detective to make sure the case is presented to the state/county/city prosecutor. it is the prosecutor that decides on whether or not to charge a person with a crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">