• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Compel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjortiz422

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Since I don't have the money for an attorney, I have decided to represent myself in court. The case is for modification of Child Support.
I have filed all the paper work necessary

-Motion for child modification(all associated papers)
They filed a motion to produce(I sent all my paper work)
I then filed a
-motion to produce(Since I have not received their finance info) of my own
-Then I filed
-Motion for mediation(a month and a half later no date has been issued)
I have to file a child support worksheet before we get to mediation, but I do not know their finances so i cannot fill it out without those numbers. I spoke to a Palm Beach attorney for like 15 ($15) and she said I had to file a motion to compel. I have been searching the net and I cannot find anything close to what I need. Can anyone help me out in how to create this form and file it in court. Thank you in advance.

Rexlan

Well you certainly did not try very hard as I got 3 on the first shot on Google.

If you are that lazy you're wasting your time.

davidmcbeth3

why have they not produced? You simply cannot file a compel motion w/o trying to resolve this discovery issue between yourselves.

daisyddva

yes,

why have they not produced? You simply cannot file a compel motion w/o trying to resolve this discovery issue between yourselves.
Contact the other party in writing and phone call, saying you need to work out the finance information. If they still do not respond, go to the courthouse and ask for the paper, fill it out and file out. OR you wait until in front of a judge and ask for a motion to compel. The judge will ask what for, you will have to show you served them discovery and they will not answer. The judge can either order they do it immediately, give you a return date and very rare cases file contempt.

davidmcbeth3

Contact the other party in writing and phone call, saying you need to work out the finance information. If they still do not respond, go to the courthouse and ask for the paper, fill it out and file out. OR you wait until in front of a judge and ask for a motion to compel. The judge will ask what for, you will have to show you served them discovery and they will not answer. The judge can either order they do it immediately, give you a return date and very rare cases file contempt.
You may as well attach your discovery & certificate of service of the discovery & any letters you wrote to the other party (put a date deadline to respond in you letter to the other party) & their responses to the compel motion (if needed) as exhibits to the motion . The judge will want to see this anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">