• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motion to vacate,motion to set aside judgement order-which one?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladyeu

What is the name of your state?MI
I received a default judgement notice, (I was never served). I got a copy of the file today from the courts. It indicated that i was personally served, which is a lie because at the time of service I was at work. (I have proof from my employer). Judgement papers say that I can file an appeal within 21 days. Clerk at court advised me to file a motion to set aside a judgement, and someone else advised me to file a motion to vacate. What exactly are all these motions, and what should I do? If I get a hearing date, what can I expect from the judge. Thanks for your help.

S

seniorjudge

When you signed up to be on this forum, you agreed not to put advertising in your posts.

But, alas, you put advertising in your signature.

It is now gone.

I (being of a suspicious nature) think that you did not really have a question at all; you just wanted some free advertising.

There are others on this forum who are smarter, kinder, and more forgiving than I. I know the answer to your question. I will not answer it. Some of those others may.

Not I.

ladyeu

When I went to update my profile, because I haven't used this site in a while it said you could include a signature, and that is why I added it. My question is real and legit, if you look at different forums on credit and look up my user name you will see where I have asked the same questions to try and help resolve my issue, and I did not have a signature on those post. I am not seeking for you to answer anything, but anyone that can offer than insight, it will be greatly apprectiated. If signatures are not allowed then remove the signature box, and people will not be misinformed.

tijerin

A "signature" is not something of a nature like "dial 976-Call-A-Lawyer" for legal advice. THAT'S advertisement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">