• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Withdraw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

truckerfamily

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My family is being sued by a scam artist. The lawsuit has been ongoing for over two two years now and is just now going to trial. The pretrial is coming up in a few days and then the trial is a week later. I got a letter from the plaintiff's attorney requesting a motion to withdraw from the case. I wonder if this means the retard suing me and my family will also withdraw. I can't imagine that he even has the money to continue to pursue us. Any thoughts or opinions? I know if the withdraw is granted the plaintiff could be given time to find another attorney and I hope he comes to his senses and withdraws the suit himself. If he does, I would like to counter sue for the legal fees that my family had to come out of pocket. Do you think it would be worth it? I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't have any money but I'd like to make his life hell like he did mine and my family for the last two years.

Rexlan

Wasting your time and you won't get a penny for your trouble. All you will do is spend more of you own money for nothing.

The attorney withdrawing is more than likely not getting paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">