• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving Expenses paid for Sister-In-Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marie Ray

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Colorado
My Sister-In-Law from Texas transferred money into my savings account to pay her moving expenses to move to Colorado. She asked me to come to Texas to move her and we negotiated a verbal agreement as to what was to be paid, gas, food, hotels, truck maintenance for my truck and trailer to transport her belongings, a fee for a helper to come along, my costs including loss of work, a fee for me and some misc costs directly related to her including burgular alarm and car advertising for the sale of her car. I went to texas with helper did all the work and she in an emotional rage caused from abuse of prescription drugs and alcohol told us to unload the trailer. We came back empty. I paid the expenses and sent balance to her certified mail. She is now claiming she did not authorize the expenses and threatening to file embellzement charges against me. The expenses were around $6,000. Can She?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">