• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My lawyer didn't tell me about....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyRetardo

What is the name of your state? KY

I had a civil case that went to trial. Early on the opposing counsel, who works for the city I live in, sent my lawyer a threatening letter. After that letter, his (my lawyer) attitude changed. Essentially he failed to put on my case, by not calling any witnesses, so the case was dismissed. My lawyer did not lodge objections when the opposing counsel very abused me for over 10 minutes on the stand (that is per the tape counter).

After the case was lost by directed verdict, I got my file back and uncovered a tape of the city's counsel representing a co-defendent concurrently. The co-defendant was an adverse party in my claim so the city was actually suing him as well. However, city counsel was acting as his attorney in a separate, but similar civil proceeding.

In my case, this co-defendant represented himself, but really he wasn't since his lawyer during the same time period was the city's lawyer. the judge allowed the man pro-se lots of leeway.

after my case conclued, my own attorney refused to give me the threatening letter. Now that i have seen this tape of misconduct, it is clear that my lawyer knew about it and never told me. I believe that he intentionally kept it from me, threw the case because of the threats, and allowed all this to go on.
He felt so strongly about the letter, that when I requested it...he struck me (physically).

ANy advice?

M

meganproser

I love your screen name.

Your post had my interest until you alleged the battery!

Veronica40223

Why is that?

meganproser said:
I love your screen name.

Your post had my interest until you alleged the battery!
Why would you not answer his or her question? Attorneys are human after all. It is not like the poster had anything to gain by making that part up.

Last year, I had an attorney who was quite similar, and I made sure not to go back around as she threatened to harm me in a letter.

So, if you have an answer, we are all ears.

Last edited:
M

meganproser

Why would you not answer his or her question? Attorneys are human after all.

It’s true, there are some attorneys who are human! :D

OP has an assortment of suspicions about her attorney and how he handled her case. She has alleged what may amount to criminal activity on the part of the city attorney. She is at the very least, accusing her own attorney of throwing her case.

While she may not have known what to do about her “suspicions”, she certainly ought to know what to do about the fact that her attorney battered her. If she had taken action over the battery, she would probably have received some direction regarding pursuit of her other concerns.

It is not like the poster had anything to gain by making that part up.

I’m not accusing anyone in particular, but there are many OPs who post fictional situations on this site. They are the only ones who know for sure what they “gain” from it.

Last year, I had an attorney who was quite similar, and I made sure not to go back around as she threatened to harm me in a letter.

Thank you for sharing Ronnie. ;)

Last edited:
M

meganproser

Ronnie posted but then erased:

Why is that? I went to court today and presented my own
response to his motion to withdraw, and in the motion it
discusses the battery. He did not deny it even in oral
arguments. There were witnesses. And I have found that he has
been abusive to other clients. So can you answer my question.
I didn't make it up. When I went to the prosecutors office to
discuss this, he told me that he (the atty) was unstable.

Now I AM accusing someone in particular. Your game is lame Lambchops. Either you are not smart enough to play or you are guilty of PUI. :p

RobertDale

meganproser said:

Now I AM accusing someone in particular. Your game is lame Lambchops. Either you are not smart enough to play or you are guilty of PUI. :p
What is your reasoning? Could you be a little more specific? Are you insecure?

M

meganproser

Could you be a little more specific?

Sure, just compare Ronnie's post #3 and the one she erased (added as post #5 of this thread).

Are you insecure?

Generally, I am quite secure. Was there something specific you were asking about? I don't know how to answer your question. Was my first sentence ok? Should I rethink the whole thing? :D

Str87daze

Pui

meganproser said:

This thread has me confused...what is PUI. You have Ronnie posted but then erased....did you make that up? I don't understand the flow of this message. :confused:

RobertDale

meganproser said:
Are you insecure?

Generally, I am quite secure. Was there something specific you were asking about? I don't know how to answer your question. Was my first sentence ok? Should I rethink the whole thing? :D
No, I was just throwing that in for kicks, since I was asking a bunch of other questions, :)

I am having trouble, however, seeing the inconsistancy in the story... Though the deleted post does stump me :confused:

PUI = Posting Under the Influence? My guess....

M

meganproser

I am having trouble, however, seeing the inconsistancy in the story... Though the deleted post does stump me

You can opt to get email notification of new posts to threads you have posted to. Every now and then, you’ll get a notice that someone posted (the post is included in the email) and when you go to the thread, the new post is not there. That means the writer posted but then erased her post.

Lucy started this thread, claiming her attorney battered her.

Veronica then posted, stating the following: Last year, I had an attorney who was quite similar, and I made sure not to go back around as she threatened to harm me in a letter.

I answered Veronica’s post.

Veronica came back and left the following post (which arrived in my email), then she erased it.

Thanks

I bet you can find the problem with Ronnie’s last post if you really try.

PUI = Posting Under the Influence?

Correct.

I love watching sock puppets. The Net would be a real bore without them. :)

RobertDale

meganproser said:
I am having trouble, however, seeing the inconsistancy in the story... Though the deleted post does stump me

You can opt to get email notification of new posts to threads you have posted to. Every now and then, you’ll get a notice that someone posted (the post is included in the email) and when you go to the thread, the new post is not there. That means the writer posted but then erased her post.

Lucy started this thread, claiming her attorney battered her.

Veronica then posted, stating the following: Last year, I had an attorney who was quite similar, and I made sure not to go back around as she threatened to harm me in a letter.

I answered Veronica’s post.

Veronica came back and left the following post (which arrived in my email), then she erased it.

Thanks

I bet you can find the problem with Ronnie’s last post if you really try.

PUI = Posting Under the Influence?

Correct.

I love watching sock puppets. The Net would be a real bore without them. :)
Gotcha, I am completely 100% clear on what you are saying... Ignore my ignorance, LOL...

M

meganproser

Ignore my ignorance, LOL

No worries from me. Read some of the locked threads on this site and you'll have a better understanding of how things work here. :eek:

Shay-Pari'e

So what if she edited her post? The thread was not about her to begin with. In fact, she probobly realized she was dealing with a Narcissistic person and said,.."NOT WORTH MY TIME".

OH!, do you really subscribe to every thread you post on? I guess you must need E-Mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

meganproser

I don’t know. It must be something in my options that is checked, but I always get an email when someone adds to a thread I’ve posted to. It’s a handy feature.

C’mon, you know you love me, let’s be friends! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

LucyRetardo

REAd here lambchop lover

Lucy here! I wrote my post, and waited for a response...rather anxiously sinceI have some pressing issues. Just so you know Megan, I am friends with Veronica, or Ronnie as you call her. I was visiting her at work and checked my question, and got ready to respond. Then I deleted it;realizing that I wasn't at home. So V posted. We had the same lawyer except in her case, the atty filed a mega suit without letting the plaintiffs read it, named wrong parties and then tried to quit without notification. SHe had issues with him as well.

So you didn't uncover any great mystery. If you were able to see the IP addresses, you would have been able to tel that the postings were from different people.

Nevertheless, I would like to know why you stated, that I had you until I mentioned the battery. We actually had a motion hour the other day, and in my brief I outlined the problems that I had getting the papers including the battery episode. She didn't deny it to the Judge.

SO the question is....can anyone answer my question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">