• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighborhood towed my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jimijames

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I have a car that was being stored at a friends place. I had to have the car moved so I asked one of the property managers about it. He said it would be fine and I thought that was the end of it. I also called and left a message with one of the other known property managers.

I put the car in the back of the neighborhood where it's supposedly for long term storage. Well I come back a few weeks later and my car has been towed. So after several phone calls with no return calls I finally find out where my car is. By this time it's been almost a month. By this time the bill is already up to +$500.

The manager I talked to said he was trying to get the head management to pay half the bill. This is not acceptable. I was told I could put the car there. My car was covered with a tarp but my phone number is on the car in two places. There are no signs anywhere in the neighborhood that says I cannot park the car there long term. I was never given any notice that the car was going to be towed. When I went to the car lot there wasn't any form of citation stating my car was in any kind of violation.

Apparently there where newsletters sent out to my landlord that stated that all cars had to have a tag on them, but I never received that information. For all I knew I was covered because two of the managers knew my car was there. So now my car is probably about to be sold in an auction and I can't afford to get it out right now. I've called the two of the main managers (the ones that can actually do something about it) several times and left messages and have not gotten a call back. I've even called the management at the towing place to and left messages and no reply from them either.

I'm about to go to the police station to find out what exactly are my rights in this kind of situation.

What can I do about this? How do I go about it?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">