• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC- Filing a false police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keywestwego

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My daughter is going through a NASTY divorse and has a restraining order on the soon-to-be X. Since he can not cross file, he has come after my wife and I by filing false police reports. He said I pulled a gun on him and my wife grabbed his neck and put a knife to it all the while we were verbally telling him we were going to kill him.

In the arrest warrants on my wife and I, it stated to "have no contact.." with the soon-to-be ex-husband. My wife and I drive my daughter to the designated point for child exchange (for her protection), however, never say a word or "contact" the man (boy).

He has, just today, filed a contemp of court order on us for "contacting" him verbally stating we would kill him. We never have nor ever would speak to him.

We will be going to court in a couple of weeks and we have an air tight case as to where we were when he said we were doing these things to him (we were nowhere near him, matter of fact we were in another town with witnesses.)

Questions: Since he has filed several false police reports and I am sure we will win in court, what are our choices in the way of suits to go after him?

(I was thinking perjury (since he will have lied under oath) and abuse of process.)

Do any of you have any other ideas? We want to sue the pants off this trouble maker. He has done this type of intimidation to others, but they are afraid of him. He doesn't know it yet, but he has latched onto a couple of tornados with deep financial pockets.

Many thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">