• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

donnagirlk

What iWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North carolina.
My husband and i separated for 8 months. My friend had moved in and well we broke up in July. He was in the process of finding another place to live so i told him he had to go as soon as he found somwhere. I left the house to go to my sisters house(mainly to stay away from him) I got a call a couple hours later from him saying he had fell and hit his jaw. I came home and it was broke. I asked him what happened and he said he took a pill(which was a perscription from one of my friends) amatripaline which is a antidepressant and sleeping pill.. then he said he had a few drinks(alcohol). since then my husband and I have gotten back together and i got a text that he was gonna sue me for him breaking his jaw.
I have insurance through my mortgage company not homeowners.
Please give me some advice on where i stand in this.s the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What iWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North carolina.
My husband and i separated for 8 months. My friend had moved in and well we broke up in July. He was in the process of finding another place to live so i told him he had to go as soon as he found somwhere. I left the house to go to my sisters house(mainly to stay away from him) I got a call a couple hours later from him saying he had fell and hit his jaw. I came home and it was broke. I asked him what happened and he said he took a pill(which was a perscription from one of my friends) amatripaline which is a antidepressant and sleeping pill.. then he said he had a few drinks(alcohol). since then my husband and I have gotten back together and i got a text that he was gonna sue me for him breaking his jaw.
I have insurance through my mortgage company not homeowners.
Please give me some advice on where i stand in this.s the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: tell him you will sue him first for being a freakin idiot.

donnagirlk

I totally agree with you!!!!
I just dont see how he would have any grounds for sueing me....but you know how messed up things can get. Thanks for the reply!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">