• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need clarification from the judge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I just received a judgement in the mail from a recent civil contempt case but there is something in the judgement I need to ask the judge about. What's the proper procedure for asking the judge my question? Can I just call the courthouse or should I file a motion for clarification?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I just received a judgement in the mail from a recent civil contempt case but there is something in the judgement I need to ask the judge about. What's the proper procedure for asking the judge my question? Can I just call the courthouse or should I file a motion for clarification?
You are probably going to need to either file a motion for clarification or actually show the paperwork to someone who might be able to read it and explain whatever it is to you. You cannot just call the courthouse and speak to the judge.

You are probably going to need to either file a motion for clarification or actually show the paperwork to someone who might be able to read it and explain whatever it is to you. You cannot just call the courthouse and speak to the judge.
I know I can't just speak to the judge but I was hoping perhaps I could present my question to the clerk and he could present it to the judge for me.

I didn't ask. I only just got the judgement in the mail and it will be at least Tuesday before I can contact anyone at the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">