• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Filing Extension Time to Respond to Motion for Summary Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

desire4justice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I'll try to be brief. My wife and I (pro se plaintiffs) have a pre-trial date scheduled for April 13, 2010 regarding a foreclosure case that we've been contesting since June of 2009. Being that GA is a "non-judicial" state, we filed our own lawsuit against the lender and lender's attorney in order to stop the foreclosure sale. Discovery is on-going and the defendants attorney have just filed a Motion for Summary Judgment prior to pre-trial. I would like to file a "Motion for Extension of Time to Respond to Defendants Summary Judgment" request. I have also discovered some additional facts/evidence that will greatly help us regarding our initial claim and like to amend my initial pleadings/complaint before it's too late.

My questions are:

1) How do I or where can I go to get help on filing an "extension of time to respond" to a summary judgment (examples would helpful)?

2) What GA statue/rule supports this request (for extension of time)?

3) How do I file a Motion to Amend our initial pleadings and are there any helpful examples you can share that will assist me with this?

Thanks VERY MUCH for any help in advance!!

desire4justice

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">