• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bocogirl2003

What is the name of your state - Missouri

I am posting for a friend to see what options there are. Her ex boyfriend is sending her bills for work on a car that he did when they were together (in a shop on her property) that she didn't ask him to do. She has text messages on her phone where she told him not to work on it and he said he wanted to do it. Since they split he is now sending her a bill for the labor and saying he is going to take her to court over it. On the invoice it says cash only no check or money order. He is not registered with the state as a business and doesn't claim any of his income from this business on his taxes. What can she do to prepare to go to court over this?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state - Missouri

I am posting for a friend to see what options there are. Her ex boyfriend is sending her bills for work on a car that he did when they were together (in a shop on her property) that she didn't ask him to do. She has text messages on her phone where she told him not to work on it and he said he wanted to do it. Since they split he is now sending her a bill for the labor and saying he is going to take her to court over it. On the invoice it says cash only no check or money order. He is not registered with the state as a business and doesn't claim any of his income from this business on his taxes. What can she do to prepare to go to court over this?
Why did you start a new thread? :rolleyes::confused:

bocogirl2003

Why did you start a new thread? :rolleyes::confused:
This is a different matter not the one I was dealing with. Mine was a question about slander and this is somewhat fraud happening to someone else. I thought this was a website to try and get information of how to proceed or what to do in legal matters.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
This is a different matter not the one I was dealing with. Mine was a question about slander and this is somewhat fraud happening to someone else. I thought this was a website to try and get information of how to proceed or what to do in legal matters.
By all means, steer the 'someone else' here. Their legal problems are nunya. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">