• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help-Surrendered Dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpg0206

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have been looking for an answer for a few months now and need some help. Back in November, I surrendered our two dogs to an animal rescue shelter. I knew within a month it was a mistake and when I surrendered them it was under heavy stress and I know I was not thinking right. I have spoke with the rescue shelter in attempts to get them back and they state I cannot since I signed a surrender form. Do I have any ground to go on to get them back? My husband did not sign the forms...so is that a possibility? I just need to know if we have any chance of reclaiming our dogs. We would go through whatever is necessary, legally, to get them back.

If anyone knows anything about this issue, I would appreciate an answer so much!

Thanks!

dgingrich

Are the dogs up for adoption? Can't you get someone to go "adopt" them back for you than turn them over to you? I know the Humane Society here isn't as investigative as they should be, they really only take the adopting persons word for things. Sorry I can't be of much help

jpg0206

They have already been adopted by other families. We offered to pay for those families to adopt new dogs and to pay any fees incurred by the shelter and families, but the shelter refused.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">