• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

underdatrees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia. I just wanted to know if I can legally sue the lover of my husband in a civil suit for alienation of affection?:(

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia. I just wanted to know if I can legally sue the lover of my husband in a civil suit for alienation of affection?:(
No, that possibility has been abolished.

See here:
Virginia Code § 8.01-220 - Action for alienation of affection, breach of promise, criminal conversation and seduction abolishe... - Virginia Virginia Code § 8.01-220 - Action for alienation of affection, breach of promise, criminal conversation and s

Unsolicited advice: it's not the lover that made vows to you. If you must be angry, be mad at the one who betrayed you: your husband.

Better yet, divorce him and move on, and have a fabulous life. :)

Humusluvr

No, that possibility has been abolished.

See here:
Virginia Code § 8.01-220 - Action for alienation of affection, breach of promise, criminal conversation and seduction abolishe... - Virginia Virginia Code § 8.01-220 - Action for alienation of affection, breach of promise, criminal conversation and s

Unsolicited advice: it's not the lover that made vows to you. If you must be angry, be mad at the one who betrayed you: your husband.

Better yet, divorce him and move on, and have a fabulous life. :)
Amen. The best revenge is to let HER have his sorry ass :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">