• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor killed my tree...Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

objection

What is the name of your state? Florida

The day I moved into my new house, I discover someone has chopped around the base of one of my trees with an axe. (No witnesses) Previous owners and 1 other neighbor say that my next door neighbor has always hated the tree because it sheds it's leaves once a year and they blow across his yard. The tree was healthy for 4 months, then I saw him pour a bucket of liquid on the base of the tree at 1am. (kerosene mixed with grass killer, I think). I should have called police right then, but did not. (probably my biggest mistake) I confront him and he strongly denies any involvment and says "you can't prove it". I now have a 30 foot tall dead tree in my front yard. I filed a police report and picked up the small claims paperwork, but it will cost me $275 just to file it. (Welcome to Palm Beach County) Do I have enough evidence? My wife wants to go to court, I want to poison every living thing on his property and kick his a**. Please help, any advice is greatly appreciated!

objection

Thanks for the reply. The only evidence I will have is statements from the previous homeowner documenting the ongoing conflict about the tree, and I witnessed him pour poison on it. I hate to go to court with a "he said, she said" case, but I'm right and this is all I have. Is it worth it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">