• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor spying on child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sugaralt

What is the name of your state? CA
This summer we purchased a kiddie pool for my niece. The day after she began swimming in the pool, my neighbor installed a surveillence camera in the bathroom (11 ft high) window of their home overlooking the pool. I called the police and they went to talk with the neighbor. According to the police, the wife showed the police video tape which did not include the kiddie pool. However, the police informed me that their entire home was wired for surveillence and that the video did show other people in my backyard. The police told me there was nothing I could do about it. That night the neighbor installed a new spot light on that side of the house which now shines directly into my bedroom window! He has also installed high beam lights on the back of his home that light up my next door neighbors yard and the house next door to his. There is a five foot fence between our property, and the city tells me I can not add a barrier to the fence that would extend it beyond 7 ft. Since the window is eleven feet high, it would do no good to add privacy lattice to the top of the fence. Are the light and the camera legal when they shine in someone else's yard?

Thanks,

BelizeBreeze

Go down to Home Dept and buy a spot light. Mount it on the eaves at the back of the home and point it towards the camera.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">