• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor watching us with camera in tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

watched

to disabled & fired: HUH?

Now about that interferring with the X10... tell me more.

L

ladyc4

Hey guys, you forgot the Ogam alphabet!

Seriously,Fired and Disabled, your "handle" seems to indicate that you may be wrestling with some serious issues. In fact I've got a question for you? Have you discussed your concerns with an attorney in your area-one who specializes in disability, worker comp and ADA issues relating to employment. I'm NOT an attorney but I can tell you that talking to one when I had those types of problems probably just about saved my sanity,maybe even my life...
Hope that you get things resolved as favorably as possible...

C

Cage

watched said:
to disabled & fired: HUH?

Now about that interferring with the X10... tell me more.

X10 specifies a total of 256 different addresses: 16 unit codes (1-16) for each of 16 house codes (A-P). Normally a transmitter is set to a certain house code (generally selectable by means of a dial) and so can control at most 16 unit codes. so if you get a base station and set your house code to the same code as his house then you can confuse his devices that run on the Unit codes (i.e. Camera) so confusion = no workie. Odds are he has other devices that use X10 so if you are sneeky enough then he will scrap the whole system thinking it is malfunctioning. Once you get the base station He will change the house code thinking that he is getting interferance so you will have to keep up and change yours to his code. The Base station and a master remoter will cost about $119.00 but I am sure you can return it with in 30 days if your not satisfied. Radio Shack I think still sells it the main brand is Powerhouse and is always identified by the trade mark X10.
You can have a transmitter made that will operate in all X10 freq at once and that will cause the system to malfunction. Remember the transmitter must be under 1.5 watts or you might have the Fcc on your door when the planes start crashing LOL just kidding. The best thing to do is buy a base station and have it search for devices on each house code, you will then be able to deactivate or unarm all devices on that house code once you set the base station to control them, you can turn the camera on and off. if both base stations start fighting for control then the device won't know who is in charge and have to be reset with a press of a button on the back of the device.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
F

fired&disabled

to ladycf

no, i have not spoken to an attorney yet. i came to this site to get legal advice in regards to that situation, and it spiraled out of control. i still wonder about my rights in regards to my situation. also, reading some of the sections on this site that show how to code threads or messages in html, i.e., the slashes, the underlinings the letters and slashes surrounded by parenthesis, etc., and some of the responses given to the initial poster are a little bizarre, and i have seen some of these methods used in some of the threads. i am not unfamiliar with false fronts that appear to be legitimate, but on further investigation, these fronts lead to other sites completed unrelated to the questioner, where people who are subscribed to that site have access to links where they can communicate with each other, often using false fronts and words to relay information to other members. i know this for a fact, as this very scenario has popped up on my computer on more than one occasion, via my husband, and having read some of those messages, which took me a long time to obtain access to the messages there, it was all worded along one topic, but it was obvious they were relaying an underlying message. one such site he belongs to is some poetry site, which i really had to laugh at as he is anything but that, nor does he care or read anything along those lines. so, because i have experienced some of this underlying message stuff and see similar things pop up on your site, that is what has led me to ask, which ones are truly from a poster and which ones aren't. can you deny that my observations could have some validity? or can you deny that a person reading some of these threads and knows a little bit about false fronts and coding via different computer languages wouldn't find it suspicious? just a question that i feel has SOME validity, and i was just curious about it. by the way, why is my HTML code off, along with my vB code? these are altenate computer fonts that appear in some of your threads, so some selected people have access to this feature. the whole thing raised suspicion in my book, and sorry if i appear ignorant, etc., and am now having delusions of paranoia, but this isn't a question i just threw on the table, having a little knowledge about computer languages.

F

fired&disabled

also

i stated that i do not wish to post anymore on this site. i have a lot of medical knowledge and expertise in a certain field of medicine that i thought could be of help in certain situations. but because i have stated that i suffer from depression which ultimately caused my narcolepsy, i am constantly attacked for having a mental illness. and the fact that i am on medication to correct the chemical imbalance in my brain (and it is now well documented that depression is caused from a chemical imbalance, along with one or two other chemical deficiencies) should mean that i am now more "with it" than before i ever came to this forum. but there will always be a stigma attached to "mental illness". the turnover rate and the rate of burnout in the nursing profession, especially in the high-stressed areas of icu, is extremely high. after 25 years, it was bound to happen to me and i am doing everything required of me to get through this, as i do love what i do, and i was very good at it. the institution i worked at used their RNS to the full extent allowed under their scope of practice, and i am thankful for that. i know that some institutions require their nurses to call an MD for something as simple as an iv start. we did not have a neonatologist present at the hospital 24/7, and they trusted us and our judgment. we ran codes without ever pushing the code blue button, until the neonatologist arrived. we were well educated by our education department, and my peers have told me, and stated they have told the newer nurses, that if they had a question to be answered, i was the one to go to as i was known to be able to roll the answer right off of my tongue without having to look it up in a book. i learned a lot working there, and it is a great place to work for RNS who are eager to be challenged and be respected as a professional. thank you

F

fired&disabled

JMERE AND HOME GURU

first jmere "HUH?"
home guru: as i expected. neither one of you have answered the questions i asked of you. oh well, i have learned to accept such replies so unless there is someone out there who won't"dance around the issue", please keep your remarks to yourself. insults to people have caused this site to spiral down into the dumps, as i am sure you are aware, and once people can debate without attacking, this will be a really good site, as all can learn from others, i being one who enjoys learning. homeguru, are you hallucinating? i suggest you seek some professional help.

HomeGuru

Re: to ladycf

fired&disabled said:
no, i have not spoken to an attorney yet. i came to this site to get legal advice in regards to that situation, and it spiraled out of control. i still wonder about my rights in regards to my situation. also, reading some of the sections on this site that show how to code threads or messages in html, i.e., the slashes, the underlinings the letters and slashes surrounded by parenthesis, etc., and some of the responses given to the initial poster are a little bizarre, and i have seen some of these methods used in some of the threads. i am not unfamiliar with false fronts that appear to be legitimate, but on further investigation, these fronts lead to other sites completed unrelated to the questioner, where people who are subscribed to that site have access to links where they can communicate with each other, often using false fronts and words to relay information to other members. i know this for a fact, as this very scenario has popped up on my computer on more than one occasion, via my husband, and having read some of those messages, which took me a long time to obtain access to the messages there, it was all worded along one topic, but it was obvious they were relaying an underlying message. one such site he belongs to is some poetry site, which i really had to laugh at as he is anything but that, nor does he care or read anything along those lines. so, because i have experienced some of this underlying message stuff and see similar things pop up on your site, that is what has led me to ask, which ones are truly from a poster and which ones aren't. can you deny that my observations could have some validity? or can you deny that a person reading some of these threads and knows a little bit about false fronts and coding via different computer languages wouldn't find it suspicious? just a question that i feel has SOME validity, and i was just curious about it. by the way, why is my HTML code off, along with my vB code? these are altenate computer fonts that appear in some of your threads, so some selected people have access to this feature. the whole thing raised suspicion in my book, and sorry if i appear ignorant, etc., and am now having delusions of paranoia, but this isn't a question i just threw on the table, having a little knowledge about computer languages.

**A: just what the heck are you talking about here? This website is not connected with the CIA, NSA or any government or private entity and is not used even by the boys in the hood to relay messages in code. The language of law is confusing enough.

L

ladyc4

For Fired and Disabled-
I'm a newcomer here myself,so I'm afraid it isn't "my" site, but I try to keep in mind that posters to these boards probably come from a variety of backgrounds-on both sides of the issues that are posted. To my mind this is a good thing because then someone with a question or situation can get a balance of information.
I can certainly agree with you about the way some illnesses are still regarded with less compassion than others. What would it be like if everyone took a judgemental attitude towards people with lung cancer,emphysema and heart disease? After all, those are often caused by lifestyle factors that are well within their control, much more so than many "mental" illnesses. Personally the first thing that needs to be dropped is the differentation between "mental" and "physical" illness-a person suffering from schizoprenia is just as ill as someone with diabetes(and yes that person can DIE-I'm not speaking just of suicide,but accidents caused by severe delusions or distortions in perception,accidental OD's/drug interactions)
Anyway, I still think that you do need to be working with legal and medical professionals live and in person, one on one. You may find more advice here in this site by going to the employment and government law subsections...I will tell you that it is MY opinion that chronic, non-apparent or recurring /functional disorders-even those like MS and CFS -which are not usually regarded with the same bias as "mental" disorders-are almost impossible for even a willing employer to make accomodations for,because so often these fluctuate in severity...

Now as for the rest of you, about those codes- JUST KIDDING
:D :D ;)

L

ladyc4

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the HTML and Vb are disabled by the site management/webmaster. I think this is a pretty common practice-I've seen HTML enabled boards locked up, crashed,rendered invisible-except to those who know the "secret";)

F

fieldtech03

Definitely put up a screen to block the view. You could have a graphic printed on it with an old-style TV test pattern and "Currently experienceing technical difficulties" written there.

Boy, we used to have fun with the 'security' camera an old boss of ours mounted on site...try burying things in the back yard...large black bags with dark fluid leaking out...beat them with a shovel and bury them. Maybe put a little wooden cross over the site.

Act out some theatrical scenes in front of the camera. We used to answer the door when the pizza guy came all sweaty with fake blood on our hands and a fake gun tucked in the back of our pants, while sounds of some sort of 'interrogation' would issue from the living room.

There was a particularly relevant episode of Michael Moore's TV Nation where he investigated how a serial killer could get away with living in a suburban neighborhood that you should watch if you can find it. It is full of 'fun things to do to snoopy neighbors.'

W

watched

our plan for blocking the view, opinions please

We have come up with a way to put up an 'extension' to the wall between our properties and I'd appreciate feed back on possible pit falls. We have discussed our situation with the city zoning dept and were advised that we could not contruct a 'permanent' structure, or place anything on the existing wall (is common property), however anything that could be considered temorary or can be removed is okay.

Our plan is to use 10' x 3' corrogated steel panels w/steel tubing (conduit) bolted to it to be used as 'legs', the legs in turn will be slid down into a slightly larger gauge tubing which has been set in 5 gallon buckets of concrete & buried. We will place this apprx 12" from the wall. It's our intention to erect as many panels as needed to run the length of the back of our property.

I am pretty certain that the neighbor remove the camera and then will make a fuss. Any comments and ideas as what to expect, or actions he can (and probably will) take would be appreciated.

L

ladyc4

Well I live in the country so I don't have any next-door neighbors to fight with(no don't send me YOURS:D )but what you are describing sounds "temporary" to me,in that the panels could be removed-the only thing I would wonder about would be the bases-how far is the larger gauge pipe going to protrude from the ground- is it something your kids or their friends might manage to trip over while playing? would it be possible to keep the concrete bases above ground so they could also be moved if you run into a hassle? Mostly I'm worried about the safety standpoint , but by having the based set into the ground,someone might try to make the argument that it is "semi-permanent"
OK that's my thought on the specifics, but wonder if this goes deeper? In other words why is your neighbor being such a knothead?!Somehow or other I just can't comprehend why anyone would want to waste their time and money setting up surveillance cameras on a neighbor just to annoy them? Is your neighbor trying to drive you to sell your home and move away?
Somehow or other, even though they may be technically within the letter of the law,you might wan to consult an attorney about harrassment, interfering with your right to enjoy your back yard,
that sort of thing. I'm not a lawyer so I cannot say for sure on these things.
Other solutions might be going to a neighborhood association, if you have one,or might your community have a "dispute resolution" or "mediation" service?
Have you tried ASKING your neighbor just what the deal is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">