• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor watching us with camera in tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

watched

why are neighbor is being difficult...

It appears to us that we have become 'collatoral damage' stemming from on going issues our neighbor has with his ex'wife. Us & them used be very good friends and then their marriage fell apart. To my knowledge (we dropped contact with them when it all went sour) it has taken them almost 2 years to finally complete there divorce, apparently due to all their battling. I am not privy (nor do I care to be) to all of there issues, but I do know that it has been extreme & bitter.

Within the last few months the ex wife contacted me to renew our friendship as we hadn't really seen or visited in about 1 1/2 yrs. In that time she has only been to my house maybe 4 times, brought her kids to play with mine & asked my 17 yr old to babysit twice... well "that" apparently was the catalyst. I can only assume that her presence in our home has "placed" us in the ex-wife's "camp" and are therefore make us enemies of the ex-husband, aka our neighbor.

We have in fact tried to find out & iron out our neighbors issues with us. A few days ago my husband accompanied by our neighborhood officer went to his house to try to find out whats up and to ask him to remove that camera. It did not go well. He was hostile, stated that we were not freinds & did not like us. He indicated that he has surveillance up because of issues with his ex-wifes boyfriend (which I don't understand what that has to do with our backyark, of course. The boyfriend has never been to our house & we've only met him once over a year ago). Anyway, I believe he maybe in an ongoing emotionally hostile state. I'm sure that happens when someone is going thru an whatever problems or issues he is with his ex. Unfortunately I don't think he is able to view outside issues within a reasonable perspective.

L

ladyc4

If the guy is that emotionally messed up,I wonder if your attempts to protect your personal privacy will not just result in an ongoing state of petty guerilla warfare between you. I'm not saying don't go ahead and try some of the things suggested previously-the electronic "sneak attack" may be harder to connect to you. The fence thing might seem to him a declaration of war, so to speak. Who knows?
I just kind of worry about someone(the neighbor guy) going to this much trouble to beat a horse he refuses to acknowledge as dead.
Well I'm away for the weekend , hope you can get this resolved somehow or other without incurring more stress...good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">