• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vchan

What is the name of your state? NY

The family who lives next to my father's property runs an illegal car dealership right from their own backyard and often leave old carpets and other garbages in front of our house and denied ever doing so. So my father decided to put up a camera in the driveway of our house to catch whoever it is doing it in the act.

They somehow found our my address, my house number and my father's cellular phone number. One day when my father went to check on the tapes, the sons stepped up to my father cursing and yelling at my father and demands my father to take the camera off or else. My father figures he didn't want to make such a big deal and decided to take it off after work. When he returned after work, he realized someone came into the back yard and cut the cables. So my father decided that he shouldn't let them off the hook, and put the camera back up again.
A few days later, the sons decided to come to my house banged down our front door and threw hot coffee onto my parents causing a burn on my mother's face. While the second bother threatened us by saying we don't know who they know and that they will be back for us. (we have those on recording). My father called the police to report them.

Later that day, their father stalked my father with a video camera.
My father called the police again. When the police arrived, while they were still taking statements from my father, they got a call in saying the neighbor got punched by my dad. They dispatched two police officers there and threw out the case because they knew my father was with another officer at that time and saw no injuries on him.

All these happened 4 months ago. My father just got arrested for assault. The detective who handled the case somehow disappeared into thin air. The sergeant in charge of the case said he only got arrested because the neighbor was down at the precinct everyday pushing for an arrest.

Meanwhile, the detective there did NOT try to contact the last detective who closed the case, or to find the police office who saw no injuries, or even bother listening to my father's side of the story before they issued a warrant for his arrest.

Please tell me what I can do!!!

BL

I would like to know why no one was arrested for burning mom's face with coffee ? , and breaking the door down ?

Did not the PD know of illegal car sales ? or the proper authorities ?

Why now is it just your father arrested ?

Last edited:

amcfreek

umm with a story like that im wondering if we have the same neighbors.
hey btw in most states you can just go down to the magistrait and file youre own criminal complaint against him , for all the crap he has done you should get a few extra complaint forms ..
the police force must be the same too, aka poohlice in my neck a da woods . file a complaint with internal affairs against teh aresting officer..
personally i hate to say it but 1 either get a big dog , or consider owning a firearm , psst if they find out 1 youre crazy and you 2 own a gun they usually calm down ...

amcfreek

almost forgot the biggest thing you need to do
is get on the zoning officers case about why hes letting this car dealership go on , first of all in the state of pa you can only resell 6 cars a year then you need to become a dealer
check local zoning ordinances and attend every supervisor/city meeting, get on the city council over hey why are you not doing annything about this?
and buy a copy of the zoning ordinances so you have proof of whats going on..
pick yer dog out first , the pounds usually nice , i want a blue tick or a red tick coon hound thier jaws are real strong they can eat 2 by 4's so im told...

V

vchan

First off, my father was not arrested til now cause the first detective threw out the case because they knew this guy was lying. We are guessing this new detective knows their father or something.

Then, I told the police officer about their car business and how they park all these 'for sale' cars without ANY license plate or anything in the neighborhoold. They said they couldn't do anything about that either except to give tickets.

amcfreek

ok now let me say something, in the state of pa , the zoning officer is responsible for taging vehicvles with no plates as an abandond vehicle , and giving the owner x days to remove or liscence also like i said the zoning officer is responsible for taking care of that,
some police departments take care of abandond vehicles directly some only after being ordered by the zoning officer
in my case a police officer filed a complaint with teh zoning officer , because he was a state policeman he had no right fileing because of it is a civil matter and he ahs no right to complain..
now you need to 1 grab ahold of the zoning officer , and two
grab a hold of the local constables ear he ahs the "police power" to get these vehicles removed.
i have actual legal cars removed by my zoning officer and by this time next month it needs to be in court ..
next thing i seem to have experiance getting out of zoning crap..
and i dont bother a soul
im the one with the video cams running full tilt..
hey liek i said go down to teh city or borough building and scare up teh zoning officer,, have a good day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">