• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor's fence on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

looey

What is the name of your state? wa
Thank you for your reply to my problem, Guru.

L

looey

Neighbor's fence on my property

What state do I live in? wa
I posted the problem of my neighbor's fence on my property.
I purchased the home about a year ago, and this person has given me nothing but trouble in trying to maintain that side of my house. This person always said it was HER property, and HER fences. I had a survey done about two weeks ago which proved her fences are on my property by about two feet. This would of course resolve the problem that I am working on my house on her property, as she has claimed. I sent a letter telling her my plan to put up a rock retaining wall the 16th. This is a firm date with the landscaping company, because my neighbor on the other side and I are trying to save a few bucks, by having the Landscaper do it on the same day, time, etc. I have sent the troublesome neighbor a certified letter outlining my plans and telling her to move her bushes and fence. HomeGuru said I could have the lawyer file a complaint or I could do it. What do you suggest?
Looey

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

No, you can't do it - - not unless you have a law degree.

So, to expand upon HomeGuru's sound advice, have your attorney file a Superior Court lawsuit with the following causes of action - -

Complaint for:

1. Encroachment

2. Trespass;

3. Quiet Title; and,

4. Nuisance.

And for damages.

IAAL

HomeGuru

Re: Neighbor's fence on my property

looey said:
What state do I live in? wa
I posted the problem of my neighbor's fence on my property.
I purchased the home about a year ago, and this person has given me nothing but trouble in trying to maintain that side of my house. This person always said it was HER property, and HER fences. I had a survey done about two weeks ago which proved her fences are on my property by about two feet. This would of course resolve the problem that I am working on my house on her property, as she has claimed. I sent a letter telling her my plan to put up a rock retaining wall the 16th. This is a firm date with the landscaping company, because my neighbor on the other side and I are trying to save a few bucks, by having the Landscaper do it on the same day, time, etc. I have sent the troublesome neighbor a certified letter outlining my plans and telling her to move her bushes and fence. HomeGuru said I could have the lawyer file a complaint or I could do it. What do you suggest?
Looey

**A: I did not state that you could do it. This is a good example of how things get messed up when people start a new thread on the same subject rather than continuing to post on their initial thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">