• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noisy Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

itsthekev

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia.

I live in a condominium comlex, and my neighbor is constantly screaming, yelling, and cursing at all hours of the day and night. we share a wall, so when we have guests, they (and my wife) are scared, startled and woken up. he goes onto the breezeway and balcony drunk and cursing and yelling incoherent babble. i have contacted my condo association, and they said that they will fine him $50 per occurance and to just call the police each occurance. there is nothing further condo association can do. i just have to live with it. for over a year, i did this, but recently, i got fed up, and i knocked on his door during one loud, extended spell. i politely asked him if he was aware that he was yelling and told him that we had been listening to him go off for an hour. he said 'sorry i'll keep it down' then that was it. the next day, he was drunk, knocked on our door really hard, cursed us through the door. i called the cops and he was arrested. what can i do to evict him? is it wise to file suit asking for an injunction which prohibits future violations? i need help, because my family does not feel safe, comfortable, or secure living here and we do not want to move. we should not have to move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">