• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

North Carolina-auto service center will not release vehicle.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troubleshootn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I have a vehicle has been at a shop for over one year.
Verbal agreement to install engine 1500 in one week at the beginning of the verbal agreement.
year later still not finished.

Nothing in writing,two payments in the amount of $750 and $400 have been made vehicle I have witness to those payments.

The owner will not release the vehicle until a new labor bill of $2450 is payed.

What paper work do I need to file in order to obtain my vehicle legally.

Thanks to all and glad to be a new member.

JETX

What paper work do I need to file in order to obtain my vehicle legally.
Depending on the FULL facts... maybe a check or credit card charge slip.

Absent that, you might consider suing for the CURRENT 'market value' of the vehicle and see what response you get.

latigo

What you need is competent evidence of the agreed price for the replaced motor. You know? Like a WORK ORDER signed by the mechanic before he started the job!

If you have neither (1) a work order stating that the parts and labor would be $1,500 total; and/or (2) receipts for the two payments, then it’s your word against the mechanic’s.

A mechanic that is entitled by law to hold the vehicle pursuant to his POSSESSORY LIEN until the issue is resolved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">