• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure where to post, adopted kittens sick since I got them.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blood_run_grim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
I went to a private. no-kill animal shelter (it will remain unknown) to adopt a cat. I found a kitten that I fell in love with. I was told that the kitten was too young to be adopted by itself and that I needed to adopt another kitten. So we also adopted another that we really liked. They sounded a little congested and I told the person that I thought that they might have upper respiratory infections (quite a few of the other cats in the shelter clearly did have URI's) but the person told us that it was just allergies and assured us that they were not sick. It was an extra $100 because we had to adopt two. Now don't get me wrong, I love both of them dearly, however, I feel that I got a very raw end of the deal. Within a week they became more sick so I called the shelter and they told me that they could not do anything. I set up a vet appointment. They both had URI's and one of them is still sick (2 months later) after lots of vet visits. Three weeks after being adopted they had to be taken back to the vet because in three places where I had been scratched, I developed ringworm. The kittens have never been anywhere other than the shelter, my home, and the vet and they are indoor kittens. One of them, the one who is still sick, also still has the ringworm. I have had them only two months and so far the vet/medicine bills are up to $650, plus the $200 for adopting them. Do I have any legal rights to get even just half of the money from the shelter in regards to the bills? I need some advice, my lovable kitten is a lemon. :( Financial times are very hard, but my kittens are family, so I will not deny them medical attention.
Thanks ahead of time for any positive advice.

Oh and I did call the MSPCA and other authorities about the ringworm, though I do not know what action was taken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">