• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice to Appear never received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NoSurrender

HomeGuru said:
Then again, you can also hire an attorney to give you a second opinion.

If I could afford an attorney, I could afford also to make the 400 mile trip, stay in a motel, and lose the work time to fight this. As it is, I would not trust them to see the facts, or care about the truth before them. I would likely lose anyway, even though it is incomprehensible that I could, viewing the pile of evidence available in my favor. They would likely find a way, as they have all along, bending the rules for their convienience. They get the money they want, and I get to try to forget they ever existed. My children will eat next week.
The fact that they would not allow a plea of No Contest really upset me. I thought that was always an option.

NoSurrender-- who apparently has now surrendered.
This really sucks.

HomeGuru

NoSurrender said:
If I could afford an attorney, I could afford also to make the 400 mile trip, stay in a motel, and lose the work time to fight this. As it is, I would not trust them to see the facts, or care about the truth before them. I would likely lose anyway, even though it is incomprehensible that I could, viewing the pile of evidence available in my favor. They would likely find a way, as they have all along, bending the rules for their convienience. They get the money they want, and I get to try to forget they ever existed. My children will eat next week.
The fact that they would not allow a plea of No Contest really upset me. I thought that was always an option.

NoSurrender-- who apparently has now surrendered.
This really sucks.
**A: oh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">