• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice To Appear For "Security Fail"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MAririguzo

Hey guys, I live in Michigan, and I received this Notice to Appear for and verbatum, "Security Fail". I don't know what this offense entails, and whether it's a misdemenour or for what degree. I'm being summoned to a district court, if that's relevant information. I did get a run-in with the Police for Outdated Insurance Tags and Outdated Insurance. I got my Plate Removed but I did not get sent to Jail or get my vehicle impounded. I also did not get a ticket, most likely because of the impending court date.

What does "Security Fail" even entail? Is it even relevant to the run in I had with the police?
(Side question: Is it possible to get the notice to appear date pushed back?)

LdiJ

Hey guys, I live in Michigan, and I received this Notice to Appear for and verbatum, "Security Fail". I don't know what this offense entails, and whether it's a misdemenour or for what degree. I'm being summoned to a district court, if that's relevant information. I did get a run-in with the Police for Outdated Insurance Tags and Outdated Insurance. I got my Plate Removed but I did not get sent to Jail or get my vehicle impounded. I also did not get a ticket, most likely because of the impending court date.

What does "Security Fail" even entail? Is it even relevant to the run in I had with the police?
(Side question: Is it possible to get the notice to appear date pushed back?)
It sounds like a failure to have insurance. It appears that Michigan terms a failure to have insurance as a security failure.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(aj5bzkfbnu32mc3keodh24vh))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-500-3102

Your best bet would be to show up at that court date with proof of insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">