• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One big mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Littlel

Law suit over ambulance charges

What is the name of your state? Washington

I have a son who 5 years ago was at work and had blacked out from a beating
that he had received earlier that day. His boss than in turn calls 911 and help
arrives. They transported him by private ambulance to the nearest hospital. After coming out of his black out the ambulance driver had him sign some papers before they took him to the hospital. Well since working at that store he has become un-employed. He has not been able to obtain employment. This ambulance service has hired a law office out of California to try and recover their 500 dollars. My son tried to explain to them that he's not working. He hasn't been able to find a job, he has been diagonised with bi-polar, he's on medication for his mood problems, and I was wondering what legal leg does this law office have or are they trying to scare the money out of him? He is on government assistance, he lives on food stamps and free medical from the state and lives in a cold travel trailer that his grandfather has on his property. What kind of damage can they do to him and do they have any legal recourse for putting him in jail over this. I would really appreciate any help any one can give me. Please help. Concerned mom

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

"...My son tried to explain to them that he's not working. He hasn't been able to find a job, he has been diagonised with bi-polar, he's on medication for his mood problems, and I was wondering what legal leg does this law office have or are they trying to scare the money out of him?..."

None of these things are defenses to not paying his bills.

"...I would really appreciate any help any one can give me. Please help...."

The best help I can give you is to tell your son to get a job and pay his bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">