• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oral contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rblevine

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

I understand that an oral contract that has a life longer than 1 year is not enforceable is that correct?

S

seniorjudge

Q: I understand that an oral contract that has a life longer than 1 year is not enforceable is that correct?

A: You are correct; your state and (I guess) every state has what is known as the statute of frauds that covers this.

bcarter1

oral contract

oral contracts in any state are very hard to back up. most judges will request a written contract to uphold the agreement between two or more people. however, the burden of proof is on you and if you can prove that an oral contract happen and if the the other side commit fraud, deceit, and mispresentation which caused you to act upon his (F,D & M) differently than you would have it the truth was told, then you have a life span of 10years to bring it to court. which starts from the time you realized to you were mislead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">