• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overtaken

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryan_doe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? sc

I got my car towed to a body shop for a quote on the price to see how much it will cost and i gave them just 2 sheets of the estimate from the adjustor on pricing of the parts and ive called the body shop for about a week and i got the run around from the secretary that they will call me back later or tomorrow and if i had a way to get my vehicle i would have and i continued for about a week and finally i called on a wednesday afternoon and the secretary told me the car was fixed and she told me the price price for it was 2471.00 but i didnt give authorization and i didnt sign anything for them to work on my car but the secretary said i called and said i needed my car fix to go home but im in college and its a weekday and i live 20hrs away school is first i cant leave! i filed a summons on the body shop am i in the wrong hereWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? sc

I got my car towed to a body shop for a quote on the price to see how much it will cost and i gave them just 2 sheets of the estimate from the adjustor on pricing of the parts and ive called the body shop for about a week and i got the run around from the secretary that they will call me back later or tomorrow and if i had a way to get my vehicle i would have and i continued for about a week and finally i called on a wednesday afternoon and the secretary told me the car was fixed and she told me the price price for it was 2471.00 but i didnt give authorization and i didnt sign anything for them to work on my car but the secretary said i called and said i needed my car fix to go home but im in college and its a weekday and i live 20hrs away school is first i cant leave! i filed a summons on the body shop am i in the wrong hereWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
All that and only ONE punctuation mark!

bryan_doe

i followed procedures and filed a civil lawsuit against the body shop, because no authorization was given to fix my car

bryan_doe

Well so far i called to check up on the case and, the secretary told me that the body shop filed a counterclaim on the case, so i have 15 days to respond. It just worries me how a body shop can start on anybodies vehicle without authorization is that legal.

seniorjudge

Well so far i called to check up on the case and, the secretary told me that the body shop filed a counterclaim on the case, so i have 15 days to respond. It just worries me how a body shop can start on anybodies vehicle without authorization is that legal.
File an answer to the counterclaim.

Do not ignore your lawsuit.

bryan_doe

as soon as i get the counter claim in the mail i will, i'm just overwhelmed right now with this whole situation right now, and plus school work from college

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">