• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msillinois

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am a co-borrower on an automobile and I have never driven the car but the other co-borrower has racked up $5000 in parking tickets and my driving privileges were suspended.

Can I take him to court to make him pay for the tickets or do I have to pay the tickets and sue him to pay me back?

HomeGuru

msillinois said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am a co-borrower on an automobile and I have never driven the car but the other co-borrower has racked up $5000 in parking tickets and my driving privileges were suspended.

Can I take him to court to make him pay for the tickets or do I have to pay the tickets and sue him to pay me back?

**A: either or.

JETX

msillinois said:
HUH??? How would you, as a CO-BORROWER to the note, have any liability for the OWNERS tickets??
Do you mean that you are a CO-OWNER???

You have to pay them.... then sue your 'buddy'. Oh, and you better hurry. The limit for small claims in your state is $5000.... and you are already at that limit!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">