• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Ticket in Morristown, NJ - Cannot OPERATE a car that is parked!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcw1953

New Jersey-- State of

Got a parking ticket in Morristown, NJ..for parking on the street...at a time of day period that
one needs a resident parking permit sticker. It was dark out and did not see the small sign
that was there in dark letters on dark background.... have a 47 dollar ticket...
The Ticket says.... The Undersigned Certifies that...Did Unlawfully Operate A...
(And it has my Liscense Plate number) and DID COMMIT THE FOLLOWING OFFENSE..
4- Residential Parking....

What are my chances if I see the prosecutor before the case..and point out to
him that in Black's Law Dictonary..that the word- Operate means..

1. To run some part of machinery or a business. 2. To function properly. 3. To perform medical surgery.

Since I was not in the car, and it was parked and not running at all....
I was not able to OPERATE...the car...

Do you think I have a chance in court based on the definition of the Offense on the ticket?

Or, would the Prosecutor tell me to take a hike?

Thank you to anyone who reviews the item.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
New Jersey-- State of

Got a parking ticket in Morristown, NJ..for parking on the street...at a time of day period that
one needs a resident parking permit sticker. It was dark out and did not see the small sign
that was there in dark letters on dark background.... have a 47 dollar ticket...
The Ticket says.... The Undersigned Certifies that...Did Unlawfully Operate A...
(And it has my Liscense Plate number) and DID COMMIT THE FOLLOWING OFFENSE..
4- Residential Parking....

What are my chances if I see the prosecutor before the case..and point out to
him that in Black's Law Dictonary..that the word- Operate means..

1. To run some part of machinery or a business. 2. To function properly. 3. To perform medical surgery.

Since I was not in the car, and it was parked and not running at all....
I was not able to OPERATE...the car...

Do you think I have a chance in court based on the definition of the Offense on the ticket?

Or, would the Prosecutor tell me to take a hike?

Thank you to anyone who reviews the item.
Grab your walking stick...because you're going to be taking a hike!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The uniform ticket has options for both Operate and Park. Your quoted text seems to say that it only says one thing.

https://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/notices/reports/utt-barcopy.pdf

jcw1953

Does Not Look Anything Like That

The uniform ticket has options for both Operate and Park. Your quoted text seems to say that it only says one thing.

https://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/notices/reports/utt-barcopy.pdf
Dear Zigner... Was about ready to let the door hit me in the butt on the way out
of the Court after the Prosecutor said take a hike..... ( Had my walking stick ready..)
however, is there a chance I can do a Pro Se.. (watched Perry Mason and Matlock when I was a kid)

Look at the PDF ticket and it looks nothing like the one they nicely put under my
windshield last night.... the one a got was a print out thin paper...(know these tickets
since I use to work for a company that processed parking tickets all over the country.,..)

Is Morristown "in violation of the law" in not having the "right forms"?

Just think, I can say if the form does not fit, you must acquit...

Hopefully the Judge has a sense of history and humor....

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">