• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Party Not Following Arbitration Clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddeveaux

State NJ

My bank's deposit agreement says disputes must be resolved by 1 of 2 arbitration groups. I filed arbitration against them for an issue and I got a letter back from the arbitration group, cc'd to bank, that said the bank had not followed the rules for this group in the past so the arbitration company would not take the case. They asked the bank (again according to letter) to please remove their name from the deposit agreement.

I've sense filed with other agency listed. My question is anyone aware of any action I can take regarding their erroneous info in their own deposit agreement? I got my filing check back, uncashed, so there were no actual damages other than time. Just seems like there would be punitive or other types of damages when they don't follow their own deposit agreement?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">