• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania: Default Judgment on Unliquidated Damages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChrisThomas

Hello,

I am in Pennsylvania. After dealing with someone who stole my identity, fraud, among other things, etc., I am also suing them civilly.

The person in question has been served and has failed to file an answer to the complaint. I then served them with the pennsylvania default judgment waning that if they didn't file within 10 days I could get default judgment.

The problem is, I can only request default judgment on LIQUIDATED damages. Some of the claims in the case require an assessment of damages by the court.
It is currently pending an arbitration hearing right now, but I think that can be avoided somehow. Is this a motion for summary judgment or judgment on the pleadings? I'm not exactly sure how to proceed....

How can I get my unliquidated damages with the default judgment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">