• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pepsi Play for a Billion Dollars

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aguamala

What is the name of your state? New York

In May I was told that I was a finalist in the Pepsi Play for a Billion Dollar Sweepstakes. They also told me that I would receive my plane ticket and hotel reservation (travel kit) two weeks prior to the event (September 13-15th, 2003). Here it is, the Wednesday before I leave and I still have yet to receive my tickets. I have called numerous times and The most recent comment was that airborn has lost my plane tickets. So if I cannot go to florida and play for a chance to win a billion dollars or for the Million dollar prize is it possible to sue airborn for losing my airplane ticket that Pepsi Paid for? My chances for a Billion dollars went from 1:999,999 to 0 and my chance for a Million dollar prize went from 1:999 to 0. Can I sue and for what monatary settlement would be worth settling for?

stephenk

If you really think it is worth it, pay for your own airfare and then get reimbursed by Pepsi.

You have no grounds to sue since you have not suffered any damages.

A

aguamala

but what if the number that i pick ends up being one of the numbers to win either the billion or million...now i Have no chances in stead of a chance...what they have essentially done is take away my chance...and that is what I have lost

racer72

If I don't have the money to buy the winning lotto ticket does that mean I can sue the state because the ticket I might have bought been a winner? Of course not. Technically you have lost nothing, you have no claim.

P

penni

What does that mean.....she has lost nothing..... let's take away the winning lots of money part..... and go to what she has already won....(in writing, probably a letter) She has already won and was to be awarded #1 free plane tickets from New york to Florida....and #2 hotel stay.....( some sort of travel kit) She at the very least should be awarded what the other semi finalist have been awarded, I mean for real..... Take away that million or billion possible winning dollars and you have a mini Vaca right there....I imagine that she also took work off so she could attend Probably bought some new clothes and shoes in preparation for the event, in case she was photograghed and not to mention that she told all her friends she was going and now looks like a fool! and yes she is losing something else.........her hope and her chance! come on you're telling me pepsi can't come up with a couple of airline tickets! BTW I think flat out telling anyone that they don't have a case is bad advice, this is American..... for better or worse, there is always a case, winning the case now that is another story eh?
P.S. she has already bought the "winning lotto ticket " so to speak....she bought the soda with game piece and won the first round of prizes ( the travel kit) and she didn't get the prizes that's like buying a lotto ticket and winning but then when you go to the counter to redeem your ticket for the prize, the lotto officials say, gee we just can't find your winning money today ...sorry! doesn't sound right to me!

Last edited:

JETX

First, you can't sue Airborne for the lost ticket. They have no contractual obligation to you.

And if you were to be able to sue Pepsi, you could only sue them for the lost value of the trip. You cannot sue them for the loss of 'potential 'damages'.

H

hexeliebe

I imagine that she also took work off so she could attend Probably bought some new clothes and shoes in preparation for the event, in case she was photograghed and not to mention that she told all her friends she was going and now looks like a fool! and yes she is losing something else.........her hope and her chance!
Sorry Penni but based on your legal theory I could sue every woman who has ever stood me up for a day....

now what a thought :D

P

penni

Ok well I was trying to be funny there(about the clothes) but also to show that there was a true "sense of loss" also I was agreeing that the blame for any missed prizes, already won or otherwise feel at pepsi's feet, it is their responsiblity to flow thru by whatever means.........

As for hexeliebe............how often do women stand you up? If you do sue are we talking pay off in the thousands or millions???? hehehehehe (that is a joke.....i'm sure you are truly lovely person!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">