• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petroleum Spill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thunt53

Local pipeline had several thousand gallons of diesel fuel spill into a creek in a residential area. My daughter and her friend lived in a rental very close to the creek. No one from the pipeline, city officials contacted the residents in this rental. Daughter and friend got diesel posioning and had to leave their apt. for 2 weeks. The spill was in local paper, but daughter doesn't take the paper as they are students at university. Neither knew of the spill till they saw officials in decon suits working in the creek. Had trouble finding a lawyer to take case. Lawyer has sat on his hands for 9 months. Pipeline did offer each person $1000.00 each. Suggestions? Sent letter to lawyer and asked him if he still wanted to represent us. One month later..no reply. Need help, or name of lawyer who wants to work.This happened in Iowa. We have water samples from creek after they decontaminated it. I truley believe the pipeline paid the city off. I never heard of a petroleum being cleaned up in 2 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">