• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeyray

What is the name of your state? ohio
I had a phone tap on my line.so after the local prosecutor sent a letter to
the her and x-husband not to call my home number or my business cell-phone.
she has been calling my number for almost 3 years... she did my business cell for 2 years, i got a new number so she started calling home phone with name calling and threats since oct 2004, I made a police report in jan 2005 , got her number idenified ,,the letter went out last week ,, but she continues to ring my home phone with no answer left.. My advertising starts this month in a home delivered magazine,, she will learn my new business cell number in days and i am afraid she will 911 and bogus texts and hangups like she did in the past..Yow know if I did that to a women i would have been arrested already.The local police are dragging there feet.. I wonder If i could get a civil law suit agaisnt her and hubby for this on going harrasment ?

racer72

Go to your local courthouse and ask about obtaining a temporary restraining order. Once served, the person could go to jail if they continue to call.

mikeyray

Thanks

;) Thats what sbc amertech told me to do..I will go directly to the courthouse and try to get a restraining order instead of talking to the detective in charge, since he failed too,,,, thanks again racer!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">