• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pictures circulating - what can I do!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JanetTat2Vixon6

What is the name of your state? ny

Please don't judge me on this.... I have a HUGE problem and need a response ASAP. I went to court as emotional support for my step daughter regarding a custody case for her daughter. Well, apparently the grandparents trying to get custody were upset because I am the only one she has left that was supporting her, so they got in contact with her father (my ex) who in turn gave them pictures of me that are provocative that were taken 5-6 years ago which I was pretty much forced into doing. He is due to go to jail for breaking the order of protection over and over again so he is willing to do anything to get even with me I suppose. At any rate, what can I do about this? He has shown them to their family and their relatives, and currently their attorney has the pictures (or at least copies of them). There has to be something I can do about this. I don't know what they need them for, it's not like I was going for custody or something. They said they wanted to show what kind of person I was, but again, I was not involved - I was only there for emotional support and I am sure I am not the only person in the world who did this, but I didn't want to do it. These pictures are not illegal, I am not doing anything disgusting - and like I said they were taken so long ago and my ex demanded I take them, and back then if I didn't do what he demanded I would have paid for it later (I left for domestic violence reasons). So what can I do now? I am very worried about this and want to take care of it ASAP and want all those pictures back. PLEASE respond ASAP. Thanks!

tijerin

OK, just making sure I have the story straight... YOU are grandma, YOU suppory your stepdaughter and her daughter. Your stepdaughter is seeking custody of her daughter yet only has GRANDMA for financial support. Now, I'm assuming granddaughter's father is the opposition in seeking custody. They've contacted YOUR ex-husband (your stepdaughter's father) and have obtained some provacative pictures of you as a means to attack your character SHOULD the judge decide to entertain the idea of giving custody to your stepdaughter.

The way I see it, it's going to depend on the circumstances surrounding your granddaughter's father as he's the opposition. The judge will probably assign a Guardian Ad Litem to protect the best interest of the child and, depending on the age of the grandaughter, may take her wishes into consideration. HOWEVER, if your grandaughter's father is an upstanding member of the community with a supportive family structure and a stable job and no criminal history, I sincerely doubt they'll even GET to your pictures and just give custody to him. You see, the best interest of a child IN MY OPINION is not to award him/her to the parent WITHOUT A JOB depending on the stepmother for support.

My GUESS is that the opposition has secured the pictures as a backup plan in the event that your stepdaughter manages to overcome the unemployed issue. Then they may attack the environment the child would be living in by questioning YOUR character. The pictures probably won't even come up unless your grandaughter's father is also unemployed and unstable and/or cannot provide for the safety, security and well-being of the baby.

Wow, long answer... oh, by the way, you're posting in the wrong forum.

BelizeBreeze

Tell your step-daughter's attorney about the photos so that he can get them in 'discovery' then be honest and upfront if called as a witness.

And then, if you have any contact with the ex, tell him to "KISS YOUR GRITS".

These photos , if your story has no other 'facts' not presented here, are immaterial to any custody case involving your step-daughter.

You Are Guilty

BelizeBreeze said:
Tell your step-daughter's attorney about the photos so that he can get them in 'discovery' then be honest and upfront if called as a witness.

And then, if you have any contact with the ex, tell him to "KISS YOUR GRITS".

These photos , if your story has no other 'facts' not presented here, are immaterial to any custody case involving your step-daughter.

Translation: Belize would like to see the photographs before he can comment further. Please make sure no one else but BB sees them.

JanetTat2Vixon6

my reply post didnt' make it in..... where should I be posting this then? My step daughters case has nothing to do with the photo's - I don't know what they are thinking. I am only emotional support for her. She does not live with me - she's a full time student. I didn't do anything to these people except tell the grandfather on the boyfriends side to stop intimidating her. That is all it took I guess. I have looked some things up and it looks like I can sue him and maybe have him arrested for harassment (there is an order of protection in place) - I am sick to my stomach..... :-(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">