• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nleuth2005

:confused: :confused: What is the naWhat is the name of your state? NC
I have a contract with an ex for the amount of $26,345 back in Nov. 2002 he has made very few payments the last one was about a year ago and now he refuses to pay anything else. He still owes around $25,000. He has 3 small retail shops, a car, and a computer, but he never has any money. His company is incorporated and he has no problem filing bankruptcy if I come after him. My questions are: 1. What does the NC statute of limitations say and can I still sue? 2. Which should I do go to small claims and get what I can or to court with an attoney considering cost and what he has? 3. Can I go after his personal stuff? 4. What if he files bankruptcy what are my rights? 5. What about the companies that buy debt would this work in my case? I'm not worried about winning I have 2 contracts and 2 bad checks he wrote me. I know its alot of questions but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">