• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP! Car Dealer Forged Name to RMV Documents!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rxmichalow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts. Recently I bought a new car. Last week actually, and I guess the car saleman that was doing the paper work forged my signature to a bunch of RMV documents. The CEO of the entire Car Corporation (which it's very large in the Boston area) called me today, and told me that he needed me to come in right away to meet with him. So I am going tomorrow at 11am, however he wouldn't tell me over the phone which documents they were, and really no other information. All he said was that one of his car salesmen forged my name to RMV documents, the RMV caught the error and sent them back to be redone. Should I be attending this meeting with a lawyer? Is there any sort of legal action I should take? I am totally freaked out, because I have no idea what I am stepping into tomorrow, and what my name is on, that I would not have signed otherwise. Please help, thanks so much - Car Guy

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts. Recently I bought a new car. Last week actually, and I guess the car saleman that was doing the paper work forged my signature to a bunch of RMV documents. The CEO of the entire Car Corporation (which it's very large in the Boston area) called me today, and told me that he needed me to come in right away to meet with him. So I am going tomorrow at 11am, however he wouldn't tell me over the phone which documents they were, and really no other information. All he said was that one of his car salesmen forged my name to RMV documents, the RMV caught the error and sent them back to be redone. Should I be attending this meeting with a lawyer? Is there any sort of legal action I should take? I am totally freaked out, because I have no idea what I am stepping into tomorrow, and what my name is on, that I would not have signed otherwise. Please help, thanks so much - Car Guy
Just relax and take a deep breath. I doubt you'll need a lawyer. Go to the dealership take your paperwork with you. Sign only if you feel comfortable that the information being provided to the RMV is accurate and necessary. If you don't feel comfortable signing then you should seek another opinion as to the validity of those doucments.

rxmichalow

thank you so much, i am freaking out a little bit, just because i have no idea what i am doing...i also was the victim of idenity theft early this year, so i am still a little jumpy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">