• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP If the the court fails to find you in person to serve you a notice???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monopolizer

In California, if the court fails to serve you in person with a court order to appear, is it mandatory to appear, or do they just mail it to you?

HomeGuru

monopolizer said:
In California, if the court fails to serve you in person with a court order to appear, is it mandatory to appear, or do they just mail it to you?
**A: and why would the court fail to serve you; are you hiding from the law?

monopolizer

I'm moving out of state across the country within the next few days. Not running from the law, but I'll be over 2k miles away on the court date.

Actually I wouldn't mind going to court, as I have a stong defense and wouldn't lose the case.

HomeGuru

monopolizer said:
I'm moving out of state across the country within the next few days. Not running from the law, but I'll be over 2k miles away on the court date.

Actually I wouldn't mind going to court, as I have a stong defense and wouldn't lose the case.
**A: not to worry if you are moving 2000 miles south of CA.

stephenk

Are you already a party to the lawsuit? Have you been served with the Summons and Complaint? have you already answered the Complaint?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">