• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me with this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keilind3

I live in florida. I recieved a restraining order against me that said i couldn't go to a few places. One of them was my workplace, the united states post office. However as I soon found out the post office was federal property, and the state hasno jurisdiction to tell me not to go there. I called the clerk of the court to ask, and they said if i went that i would be arrested since it is listed on my injunction. The state misused its powers. I want to sue the state, and talked to a lawyer at where i now live which is 4 hours away. She thinks its possible i coudl win agiasnt teh state but said she is "old" and doesn't practice outside of her local area. So i am deciding to just say the hell with it, im young im in college, i wanna try and do it myself. I am pretty sure i have to do it by just filing a lawsuit in teh circuit civil court in teh county that it took place, and just like if i was too sue and individual i write in the state of florida, and then state my pleadings. Is this correct and can anyone help me/give me advice thank you.

KS
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">