• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help a victim of identity theft, fraud, breach of contract, & common counts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TravellngMan

Please help a victim of identity theft, fraud, breach of contract, & common counts

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I am a victim of identity theft, fraud, breach of contract, & common counts. My identity was misused with the intent to commit fraud just over two years ago (which is covered under law as identity theft). I was scammed.

The federal authorities began investigating the case when I filed my report a couple years ago, but due to terrorism and other pressing federal issues the case was placed on hold.

I have lost significant sums of money due to several individuals' actions and there is a sufficient amount of evidence available from what I have been told by federal authorities to arrest, indite and potentially try and imprison this individual and her accomplices.

In spite of what I have been told, the people who committed these crimes are still at large and I don't know why.

I have been advised that if I want to recoup my losses I have to prepare and file a complaint, which should include the causes of action as to why I am suing certain individuals.

Who can advise me as to why these individuals haven't been arrested, indited, and tried yet?

How do I determine whom I should take legal action against? If it is based upon who I believe is liable, there are several individuals as well as financial lending institutions that I believe are liable.

If a financial lending institution is believed to have negligent lending practices and I believe that these negligent lending practices resulted in the allowance of my identity to be misrepresented where would I file my complaint? What causes of action could I file (fraud would definitely be involved)?

I have lost approximately $35,000 in cash and have endured a significant amount of pain and suffering over the past 2 and a half years. I would like to be compensated for my monetary losses as well as my pain and suffering.

What are the statute of limitations in California for filing my claims?

Please offer me sound advice and direction as to what I should do. The individuals who victimized me do have assets.

Last edited:

Who can advise me as to why these individuals haven't been arrested, indited, and tried yet?

What did the police say when you contacted them?

T

TravellngMan

All I was told by the police department is that the case is being handled by the federal bureau of investigations. All the agent at the federal bureau of investigations told me is that she hasn't forgotten about this case. It's just that the FBI is faced with more pressing issues like terrorism etc...

That's all I know.

john123456 said:

What did the police say when you contacted them?

T

TravellngMan

Awaiting feedback from someone who can offer sound advice.

stevek3

TravellngMan said:
Advice? You're screwed. Sorry to say, but that's just the way it is. I'm assuming it's the result of mail fraud or wire fraud, correct? So, the feds have jurisdiction. Obviously, the feds have much bigger fish to fry these days. Or, far more accurately, much bigger lamb, goat and mutton to broil. Forget about it as best you can, and move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">