• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it possible to file a civil lawsuit against yr wife?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sicktomystomach

State of NJ
If the wife is seeking a divorce and she removes all the contents of the house hold. Now living with her brother and paying him rent. Decides she no longer wishes to contribute towards any of the house hold bills that she helped aquire during the marriage. The house first and secound mortgages are both in my name only. However the deed is in her name as well as mine. Is it possible to file a lawsuit against her as my criedit is now being affected since Im unable to pay all the bills on my own? She wont answer any phone calls or texts messages and I was advised not to contact her anymore or she will file for a restraining order and harrassent complaint. being a Police Chief i know too much about them. Any advice. I spoke with my attorney and he hasnt said too much as of yet. thank you

Indiana Filer

State of NJ
If the wife is seeking a divorce and she removes all the contents of the house hold. Now living with her brother and paying him rent. Decides she no longer wishes to contribute towards any of the house hold bills that she helped aquire during the marriage. The house first and secound mortgages are both in my name only. However the deed is in her name as well as mine. Is it possible to file a lawsuit against her as my criedit is now being affected since Im unable to pay all the bills on my own? She wont answer any phone calls or texts messages and I was advised not to contact her anymore or she will file for a restraining order and harrassent complaint. being a Police Chief i know too much about them. Any advice. I spoke with my attorney and he hasnt said too much as of yet. thank you
Her name isn't on the mortgages, so she doesn't owe those.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">